1. Don’t Despair - You Can Win!
-Accept that adversity has occurred
-Objectively analyze & evaluate your situation
2. It’s Up To You - Take Responsibility
-Don’t blame others
-Don’t run from the problem, face it head on
3.Take Action - Draft A Plan
-Gives you a sense of control
-Keep it simple 5-7 focused daily activities
4. You’re Not An Island - Seek Out Others
-Talk about your problem with people who’ve experienced what you’re going through
-Get help from friends, coaches, professionals
5. Manage Stress - Take Positive Action (do anything that gives you a sense of control)
6. Stay Positive - Consume Mental Protein
-Visualize a good outcome
-Read motivating stories about how other people overcame adversity
-Stay away from negative people
-Block out anything that might mentally set you back
7. Know The Enemy - Be A Student of Your Goliath
-The more you know your adversary the less you’ll fear it
8. Ask The Hard Questions - Don’t Fear The Answers
-Will I survive this?
-What will people think of me?
-All is not lost if I lose!
9. Organize This Process Into The Grand Scheme of Your Life and How You Will Learn, Benefit and Grow From It.
10. Get A Mental Edge - Carry Out 1-9
Robert’s 10 Tips for Defeating Goliath